For Polyp A: Was this hot biopsy (45384) or cold biopsy (45380)?
For Polyp B: 45385 is correct.
With CCI edits applied, the coding pair should be billed as 45385, 45384-59 if hot biopsy was used on Polyp A; and 45385, 45380-59 if cold biopsy was used on Polyp A.
45383 is used when a polyp/lesion is destroyed or ablated
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join