Cervicoscopy with D&C of cervical stump with Slimline hysteroscope - need CPT help

1. Default Cervicoscopy with D&C of cervical stump with Slimline hysteroscope - need CPT help
    New Call-to-action
    I'm trying to code a cervicoscopy with cervical dilation & polypectomy (curettage). The patient is s/p supracervical hysterectomy. Has anyone encountered this before and/or have any suggestions? My online searches have turned up nothing coding related, only scholarly articles. The op note states:
    "... A sterile speculum was placed in the vagina. The vagina and cervix appeared normal. The anterior lip of the cervix was grasped with single-tooth tenaculum. The uterine cervix was dilated to accommodate the Slimline hysteroscope which was inserted into the cervix. A small 1cm polyp was noted onto the anterior cervix. Otherwise the cervix appeared normal. The polyp was removed using sharp currettage. The scope was reinserted and the cervix appeared normal. The procedure was thus completed. Tenaculum removed."
    I'm thinking I'll have to bill 58579 Unlisted hysteroscopy procedure, uterus - but I'm unsure of the "compare-to" code. 57558, 57456...? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your help.

2. Lightbulb Update...
    I ended up coding this procedure with CPT 58558 and 52 modifier, instead of an unlisted code. If I get a denial, I'll update my post.

Similar Threads

1. Need help coding: Stump revision or just I&D?
    By primrose1 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 11:07 AM
  2. I&D Non-Healing Wound AKA Stump
    By chelseys in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 11:44 AM
  3. Closure of Duodenal Stump Leak CPT code
    By nvsa3815 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
  4. lap fulg with D & C, no hysteroscope
    By ms123 in forum OB/GYN
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 11:06 AM
  5. CPT for Repair/Closure of Rectal stump???
    By LYDIA123 in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 02:01 PM