per mcare guidelines "modifier 59 never to be used"
if you read requirements for using 59, even if the surgery
has 2 seperate procedures, 51 applies.
i'm surprised mcare did not flat out deny 29823 59RT(arthoscopy)
also, are you sure the md did "open" & "Arthoscopy" same day?
59 would apply if seperate procedure done same of different day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join