ACL Debridement - Can it be billed with 29888

1. Red face ACL Debridement - Can it be billed with 29888
    New Call-to-action
    Need assistance- i believe that ACL debridement is inclusive to meniscectomy 29881/ 29880.

Only a debridement is being done to the ACL, no drilling or attachment of ligaments is being performed. This is how the note reads.

" The anterior cruciate ligament was partially torn with some fraying but 90% intact and this was debrided with the shaver and examination under anesthesia revealed no instability and good tracking of the patella".

If you could provide some information that i could submit to the Doctor's as proof that this procedure is bundled with the Meniscectomy i would appreciate it or just clarify if this would be billable.

Thank you,
    Mimi

Default I would not bill 29888 for debridement of ALC
    Code 29888 is for repair, augmentation or reconstruction of the ACL. This would include reattaching it at one end or replacing it.

The ACL was 90% intact and debridement was done to remove the loose fibers. I would not use 29888 for this.

I am not aware of any source for your provider.

Maybe others have better information?

Similar Threads

1. Arthroscopic ACL debridement
    By Anna L. in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2016, 09:41 AM
  2. Help with acl debridement
    By amartinez1 in forum Orthopaedics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2011, 11:38 AM
  3. ACL debridement - I would like
    By montie99 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion