Just as a follow up to my earlier question. The ASA states the moderate sedation codes are not supposed to be used by anesthesiology providers. CMS states if anesthesia providers perform moderate sedation, the moderate sedation codes should be used. I haven't found anything from the AMA.
Because we have different opinions from the ASA and CMS, I'm wondering what the industry opinion is.
First of all, do anesthesia providers perform moderate sedation?
If so, what are you currently using for codes?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join