The midwife would code 59400-59410, depending on postpartum care and probably -52 modifier. Use her complication as the dx
The Doc would bill 59414 with modifier 59. Be sure to use the dx for retention of products of conception.
Then he would also bill 59160-51 for the D&C and use postpartum hemorrhage as primary dx and retention of products of conception as secondary dx.
This may be somehting you will have to submit medical records with.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join