Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

CPCO exam

1. Default
    New Call-to-action
    https://www.aapc.com/training/cpco-m...resources.aspx

There are hyperlinks beneath each section. I printed all of these materials when I took my exam (well, most of them. Some are thousands of pages so I printed the things I thought would be relevant).

It is hard to know what to bring since you can essentially bring anything as long as it is not published references by HCCA or AAPC. I referenced all of the OIG Compliance Program Guidance resources so I strongly suggest that you bring those.

ETA: forgot to say GOOD LUCK!!!
    Carol Gaston CPC CRC CPCO

2. Default
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by ljackson@hpcspecialtyrx.com View Post
    Can you tell me what reference materials are permitted? I can't seem to find a list and when I reached out to AAPC Support, they suggested I ask on the forums.
    Go to this webpage:
    https://www.aapc.com/training/cpco-m...resources.aspx

Click on all of the tabs to open their drop-down menus. You will see blue hyperlinks that take you to material you can print and take into the exam with you.

My 3 binders contain all of this material, with the exception of the 906 pages of text comprising the PPACA.

4. Default
    Hello all!

I got my results today and I passed on my 2nd attempt.

I did take the online course, which was very informational, but didn't help as much for the exam. What I did find that was very beneficial were the links to each subject matter in the "Additional Preparation Methods - Medical Compliance Resources" section, that a few others have mentioned. The exam draws HEAVILY from the OIG Program Guidances. I was able to print out most reference materials and fit them in a 2" ring binder.

Tips: Do no try to memorize the reference materials, because you won't...but be familiar with them. Organize your reference binder in a way that you can find your information quickly. Remember, you have an average time of 2 mins and 26 secs to read/answer each question. If you take 10 mins to answer each question, you won't finish. So, learn to manage your time properly.

For all who are planning to take the exam, good luck!
    Last edited by gwl105; 03-26-2019 at 10:41 PM.

5. Default
    Very good advice! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    Carol Gaston CPC CRC CPCO

6. Default
    Can you tell me what reference materials are permitted? I can't seem to find a list and when I reached out to AAPC Support, they suggested I ask on the forums.
    On AAPC's website click on the Education tab click on CPCO Exam Training scroll down to Additional Resources and click on Additional Preparation Methods then a listing of resources will appear. You can take these to the CPCO exam

It looks like they've changed the approved material:
    Scroll to the bottom of this page:
    https://www.aapc.com/certification/cpco.aspx#tab-2

Or look here:
    http://static.aapc.com/aapc/document...o-examinee.pdf

8. Default
    Do you think this is a disadvantage not having all the resources. I printed and put in books, but now see the allowed resources are only the 3 CPG's.

9. Default
    This is wrong of AAPC to change the conditions of the exam for those of us who purchased under under the previous circumstances. Where was their notification of this change to those of us who have already purchased? Even so, we purchased under other conditions. I've emailed AAPC for an explanation, as well as my money back since the way in which I previously studied now makes me feel unprepared.

I agree that is was wrong of AAPC. There should have been some notification of the changes. I called and spoke with the exams department and all I was told is that...it happens and the allowed references change. It does feel extremely unfair to those of us who purchased the exam in 2018, have been compiling resources then no longer allowed to use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12