Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CPCO exam

1. Default CPCO exam
    New Call-to-action
    I took my exam on Saturday. I've noticed a lot of the questions were not on the study guide. Still fingers crossing.

Default CPCO exam
    Quote Originally Posted by aleeya01 View Post
    I took my exam on Saturday. I've noticed a lot of the questions were not on the study guide. Still fingers crossing.
    Why would you expect most of the questions in the test to be in the study guide? The guide is just that...a guide, not a source for all the answers. Inevitably a question you encounter while studying will appear on the test. The same goes for most certification exams.

Good luck anyway.

3. Red face I noticed that too
    I recently took mine as well. I noticed that even with the courses and recommended study links, none of that really helped on the actual test. It had so many questions that weren't really a main focus during the course study (if at all).
    I wish you the best of luck. I think it would be great if AAPC came out with additional study materials to help prepare you.

Good luck -- isn't waiting the worst?!?! I took mine in August and passed.

From my perspective the exam breakdown that is shown on the exam page was pretty on point. I did not take the class, so I can't speak to how helpful that is, but the links that are on the exam page, as well as the links in the study guide were really helpful, and I felt prepared for the exam.

Hope you get good news!

5. Default Passing score and Material for CPCO
    Hi everyone,

I will be taking the CPCO exam next week and was wondering what the passing score was?

Also, I did not find the approved links helpful to take with me to the exam. They are all mainly articles and are super long. Did anyone find them helpful? I was looking for other published material that just has definitions. It would be great if anyone can share what information, aside from the approved links, were helpful during the exam.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bintmasria11; 12-07-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bintmasria11 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I will be taking the CPCO exam next week and was wondering what the passing score was?

Also, I did not find the approved links helpful to take with me to the exam. They are all mainly articles and are super long. Did anyone find them helpful? I was looking for other published material that just has definitions. It would be great if anyone can share what information, aside from the approved links, were helpful during the exam.

Thanks!
    Hi there,

The passing score is 70%. It is not an easy test. I was very well-prepared - passed my first try - but used every minute of the testing time (5 hrs 40 min) as well as nearly all of the published materials that I had organized into 3 binders.

How do you know that taking the approved articles will not be helpful? There were many questions that I could answer without referencing my materials, but others that required a reference to verify specific wording, or to distinguish subtle differences among more than one possible answer. Memorizing definitions, only, will not yield a passing score.

My one piece of advice for anyone taking this exam would be to have all permitted reference materials organized in a way that allows you to find relevant information quickly (as in, under 45 seconds).

I do wish you best of luck!

7. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymom View Post
    Hi there,

The passing score is 70%. It is not an easy test. I was very well-prepared - passed my first try - but used every minute of the testing time (5 hrs 40 min) as well as nearly all of the published materials that I had organized into 3 binders.

How do you know that taking the approved articles will not be helpful? There were many questions that I could answer without referencing my materials, but others that required a reference to verify specific wording, or to distinguish subtle differences among more than one possible answer. Memorizing definitions, only, will not yield a passing score.

My one piece of advice for anyone taking this exam would be to have all permitted reference materials organized in a way that allows you to find relevant information quickly (as in, under 45 seconds).

Thank you for the info! I actually have all the material printed out and took a lot of practice exams but did not see how I can look up any of the info I did not know as I was able to answer majority of the 'scenario based' questions. My biggest weakness is the section on LABs. Some of the references take me to the main page and there are so many links. It doesn't point to a specific section to utilize/that can be helpful. I guess I need to work on my labeling for all the articles.

8. Default Exam surprise
    I took the exam last Saturday and I noticed the same thing. I think that it was more application .

9. Default CPCO Exam
    Quote Originally Posted by 437172154 View Post
    I took the exam last Saturday and I noticed the same thing. I think that it was more application .
    What information did you take? I am taking the exam in two weeks and donít feel confident at all. Especially after reading these threads. I see the links and the material that is recommended, but WHAT in the material. There is SO much! There is no way that it is recommended that I print EVERYTHING in every link as a guide and it may or may not be on the exam.

How did you do on the exam?

10. Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymom View Post
    Hi there,

Can you tell me what reference materials are permitted? I can't seem to find a list and when I reached out to AAPC Support, they suggested I ask on the forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast