A provider who admits patients into a skilled nursing facility from our local hospital also provides subsequent care for these patients while in the SNF. Often services are provided by responding to a fax request from the NH staff who have questions about how to handle various conditions of the patient. The physician responds to the faxes by visiting the SNF and instructing the staff on how to handle the situation (ex "meds dont seem to be working do you suggest something else for the pain?"). Can this be billed as a subsequent NH visit?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join