We do these all time and the patients come back a few weeks later for the ultrasound. These procedures don't have a global period. 93971 is a unilateral study, so it's appropriate for one leg. and since you own the machine, you'd be billing globally for both technical and professional components. The doctor's documentation should state the ultrasound was performed, why, his findings, evaluation of blood flow, any blockages, etc, if any, what he feels is causing the pain...what you would normally do for an ultrasound of this type.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join