Salary in Phoenix, AZ

Default Salary in Phoenix, AZ
    New Call-to-action
    Hi,

I am considering a job in the Phoenix, AZ area (re-locating from Denver, CO) and am wondering if the salary information listed on the AAPC website is accurate from anyone's personal experience. Because I'm moving from an area where the cost of living/wages are higher, I do expect that wages will be lower since the cost of living is lower, however, I don't want to undersell myself given my credentials, (CPC/CEDC) education, (B.S. in Healthcare Administration and Management) and experience. (6 years coding, 4 years coding certified - mostly outpatient on both the facility and profee side)

Thank you!
    Naomi, CPC CEDC

Default Salary in Phoenix, AZ
    Not sure how helpful this will be, but we did a survey recently in our facebook group on salaries in geographical areas.

We had about 1,000 people respond from all over the USA and we put them down so people can see the last 5 years' progression/regression of salaries in the USA. We also put the results in as received per state. While it's obviously NOT a true picture of all coding salaries or anything like that, it might give you a fair idea of what you might be walking into for on-site vs. remote salaries.

Here's the link to the site with the survey on it. https://www.jfamc.org/jfamc-surveys/

The site is open only to US residents so if someone can't access these results, this is why.

L J

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieJ View Post
    Not sure how helpful this will be, but we did a survey recently in our facebook group on salaries in geographical areas.

We had about 1,000 people respond from all over the USA and we put them down so people can see the last 5 years' progression/regression of salaries in the USA. We also put the results in as received per state. While it's obviously NOT a true picture of all coding salaries or anything like that, it might give you a fair idea of what you might be walking into for on-site vs. remote salaries.

Here's the link to the site with the survey on it. https://www.jfamc.org/jfamc-surveys/

The site is open only to US residents so if someone can't access these results, this is why.

L J
    Thank you!
    Naomi, CPC CEDC