What was this visit about exactly? What conditions are present that the patient needs to be on multiple medications? ...hypertension, diabetes, a fib, etc.? I wouldn't worry to much about the phrase "polypharmacy" it just means the patient is on too many multiple drugs (rx and/or otc), more than necessary, that are actually needed. I would be inclined to use the diagnosis codes for the reason they are on the meds in the first place...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join