Alcohol withrawl coding

Unhappy Alcohol withrawl coding
    New Call-to-action
    Hi so I have a claim that the diagnosis is F10.239; alcohol withdrawal syndrome, severe. To me that would be F10.232 because it is severe.. I am not familiar with mental health diagnosis coding if anyone have some good guidelines that they are willing to share please do. Thank you in Advanced

*also if you want to email me guidelines that'll help my email is hbarney2017@gmail.com

F10.232 is not specific to severity.

This section of ICD 10 is for Alcohol Dependence with Withdrawal. F10.239 states that the type of withdrawal is unspecified. F10.232 states that the type of withdrawal includes perceptual disturbance. I would suggest that following a review of the chart if there is no mention of the type of withdrawal that you will be limited to the unspecified code. If there is a mention, then you will have the options of uncomplicated, delirium or perceptual disturbance.

Similar Threads

1. Alcohol Abuse DX - Need Help
    By tgenius1 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 01:42 PM
  2. alcohol dependence and acute alcohol intoxication
    By ggparker14 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 10:20 AM
  3. Coding for Drug or Alcohol Abuse
    By nikita0872 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 4