Questions regarding new 2019 ICD-10-CM code book

Question Questions regarding new 2019 ICD-10-CM code book
    New Call-to-action
    Hi everyone,
    My team noticed that in the new code book that Plavix under Appendix A: Z codes for long term use of drugs -pg 1303 has the code as Z79.82 Long term use of Aspirin- Isn't Plavix a blood thinner or better yet and anti platelet medication? SO shouldn't the code be Z79.01 Long term use of anticoagulant or Z79.02 Long term use of antiplatelet?

Also, N18- looks like the book has all of the N18 codes as HCC- I was under the impression that only N18-3-N18.6 have HCC value. Am I correct or incorrect?

Any clarification would be helpful.

2. Default
    I don't know if this will help you, but in my TCI version, all the N18 codes are marked HCC, but only N18.4 through N18.6 have a CC/MCC designation.

Similar Threads

1. I12.9 does this code have HCC as of 2019
    By NatalieEisenhower in forum Risk Adjustment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2018, 10:30 AM
  2. Can I use a 2019 ICD-10 book for certification exam in December?
    By nicole.thorson in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2018, 09:42 AM
  3. icd-9 code book
    By coderforlife in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 08:10 PM