The only billable and payable codes you can bill with are on the LCD list,
L28254. If doing a baseline echo, prior to receiving chemo, is the only reason to perform an echo, you will have to dig deeper for a billable dx. Does the patient have any other cardiac related conditions, have they experienced other symptoms that would support the medical necessity to perform the echo? Can you use V45.11 or V45.12? Description heading for V58.x
is "encounter or admission for chemotherapy".
Dolores, CPC, CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join