Peripheral Diagnostic

Default Peripheral Diagnostic
    New Call-to-action
    Procedure note:

Entry Locations
    -Antegrade Percutaneous access was performed through the Right Femoral vein. A 6 Fr sheath was inserted. Hemostasis was successfully obtained using Suture.
    -Antegrade Percutaneous access was performed through the Left Femoral vein. A 6 Fr sheath was inserted. Hemostasis was successfully obtained using Suture.

Conclusion

Peripheral Procedure Description
    Access was gained from the right common femoral vein
    Access was gained from the left common femoral vein

6 F sheaths were placed in both the veins. One 0.035" Glidewire was placed in each pulmonary artery using a 5F JR4 catheter.

The EKOS drug Delivery catheters are placed in both the pulmonary arteries by advancing them over the Glidewires. Through each EKOS catheter, a MicroSonic Device catheter was passed all the way to the end of EKOS catheter. The tubings are now attached to the EKOS catheter for delivering the Coolant and the fibrinolytic drug (Alteplase). The sheaths are sutured in place in both the groins.

Procedure Summary

Successful placement of EKOS catheters in both the pulmonary arteries for treatment of bilateral large pulmonary emboli + saddle embolus

Patient tolerated the procedure well.

I came up with 36014 but I feel this is not correct and I was looking at code set 37211-37214 and I have confused myself

Rachel-CPC

Quote Originally Posted by rconpatton View Post
    Procedure note:

Entry Locations
    -Antegrade Percutaneous access was performed through the Right Femoral vein. A 6 Fr sheath was inserted. Hemostasis was successfully obtained using Suture.
    -Antegrade Percutaneous access was performed through the Left Femoral vein. A 6 Fr sheath was inserted. Hemostasis was successfully obtained using Suture.

Conclusion

Peripheral Procedure Description
    Access was gained from the right common femoral vein
    Access was gained from the left common femoral vein

6 F sheaths were placed in both the veins. One 0.035" Glidewire was placed in each pulmonary artery using a 5F JR4 catheter.

The EKOS drug Delivery catheters are placed in both the pulmonary arteries by advancing them over the Glidewires. Through each EKOS catheter, a MicroSonic Device catheter was passed all the way to the end of EKOS catheter. The tubings are now attached to the EKOS catheter for delivering the Coolant and the fibrinolytic drug (Alteplase). The sheaths are sutured in place in both the groins.

Procedure Summary

Successful placement of EKOS catheters in both the pulmonary arteries for treatment of bilateral large pulmonary emboli + saddle embolus

Patient tolerated the procedure well.

I came up with 36014 but I feel this is not correct and I was looking at code set 37211-37214 and I have confused myself

Rachel-CPC
    By what you have, I would bill 37211-50 for bilateral infusion therapy.
    HTH,
    Jim Pawloski, CIRCC