E/M Checklist

1. Default E/M Checklist
    New Call-to-action
    I'm currently enrolled in the AAPC's Practicode program and I find I am having trouble coding the right E/M codes. As I understand, many healthcare providers use E/M checklists to assist coders/billers in deciding what type of care to bill the patient. I have tried looking online for E/M checklists, but the ones I have found thus far have not been very helpful. Could someone recommend me a good E/M checklist?

Oftentimes, coders will use an E/M audit worksheet to help calculate what the E/M level is. Here's a good one that I've used in the past. However, this is only for 1995 guidelines.

https://www.highmarkbcbswv.com/PDFFi...Guidelines.pdf

The Marshfield Clinic Tool is commonly accepted among most payers (although CMS won't admit it), and can be quite helpful figuring out the Medical Decision Making.

I always direct people towards CMS E/M guidelines, and then start from there. Some MACs (depending on where your company provide services) might also have additional tools/guides.

Alternatively, you could always drop me a PM, and I'll help you as much as I can.
    "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven't!"
    -Thomas Edison

Similar Threads

1. CPT Checklist
    By richmorris10 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2018, 06:56 AM
  2. End-of-the-Year Checklist
    By Missdeehamp in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2017, 02:03 PM
  3. preventitive checklist by age