MDM - Independent Visualization and direct view of image, tracing, specimen

Default MDM - Independent Visualization and direct view of image, tracing, specimen
    New Call-to-action
    I have a debate with my providers. If an xray is ordered and done in our clinics, and then they document that the x-ray is negative preliminarily, should they get the extra 2 pts for an Independent Visualization and direct view of image? It will be sent to someone else to interpret and report. They have been told that they should be able to get the 1pt for ordering and then the extra 2pts for the preliminary read.
    Everything I've found doesn't point that way. Our clinics are all work comp clinics in Indiana.
    I would appreciate any help you can give.

Hi,

So you cannot get "extra credit" for the same study/film. Either you get the 1 point for review/ordering of radiology OR you get the 2 points for the Independently reviewed (which I require a brief summary of what was reviewed, and some specific verbiage which triggers the "Independent review"). The provider should not get 3 points for reviewing the same film/study, I see this as double-dipping.
    "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven't!"
    -Thomas Edison

Similar Threads

1. Independent Visualization of Image....
    By Prowe in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 07:42 PM
  2. Independent Visualization of Image....
    By Prowe in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-31-2013, 11:09 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 06:38 PM
  4. Medical Decision Making - visualization of image
    By ahinman in forum Emergency Department
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 08:01 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 06:27 PM