I am looking for direction to properly code Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Lysis of adhesions. The preoperative diagnosis is pelvic pain. The postoperative diagnosis is bowel adhesions. The physician is OB-GYN. The procedure is started and while the surgeon is there he encounters bowel adhesions. I know that it can't be charged as 49320 and 44180 for any reason, but if lysis of these adhesions are done can the main procedure now become lysis of bowel adhesions with these dianosis. I need solid direction if the physician can't charge this, so I can address the situation. I thought of possibly changing the procedure code to 58660, but even with that I am questioning myself.
Thanks for any help
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join