Can we code the below procedure as 50690 or 50394?
"Contrast was injected via a nephrostomy tube
which had been placed via an ileal conduit to the level of the left renal
pelvis. This revealed that the catheter had been withdrawn to a point
approximately 4 cm distal to the left ureteropelvic junction. With a
.035-inch heavy duty wire, the catheter was repositioned with the distal
loop in the left renal pelvis. The ostomy bag was reapplied to the ileal
The catheter is special order and measures 45 cm from hub to distal tip.
This catheter is available for future changes as needed.
IMPRESSION: Status post repositioning of left-sided retrograde
nephrostomy tube with fluoroscopic guidance as described above"
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join