Well, interesting info today.
Ashley from Noridian called me back. The before mentioned article was written by a lady on their education staff. She based her article on the MLN articles about 95 and 97 guidelines, not on something stating chief complaint must be done by the provider.
Noridian told me even though it doesn't say anything about who can document the CC in the MLN documents, that is where this idea came from.
They gave me a phone number and name to a medical director that approves these articles. I tried to call him and the line is currently being checked for trouble.
As I learn more I will post it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join