CPT code for excision of subQ venous malformation in forearm?

1. Default CPT code for excision of subQ venous malformation in forearm?
    New Call-to-action
    One of my providers had a patient w/ a lump on her forearm that was tender, blue, and had gone from compressible to non-compressible. His differential dx was "cyst vs. vericosity with thrombus". The decision was made for excision. Here is the procedure note:

"After discussion of the treatment options the patient wishes to proceed with
    excision. The area is prepped and draped, anesthesia provided with 2cc lidocaine
    with epi. A longitudinal incision of 2cm is made and disection carried out down
    to the level of the mass, which is identified as veinous in nature. It is ligated
    with multiple ties of 4.0 vicryl. The wound is then closed with 3.0 Nylon, with
    simple interupted sutures #7. A sterile bandage is placed and wound care
    instructions given."

I did verify with the doctor that the mass was located at the subcutaneous level. Can anyone give me some guidance? I found 26115, which does refer to vascular malformations in the section for soft tissue tumor removals of the fingers & hand; would the same apply to 25075 - soft tissue tumor removal of the forearm?

Thanks in advance!!

i would use the 25075

Similar Threads

1. excision of forearm venous aneurysm
    By stpat in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2015, 10:14 AM
  2. Resection of venous malformation....help!
    By puggles in forum Cardiology
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
  3. Resection of venous malformation...help!
    By puggles in forum General Surgery
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 11:35 AM
  4. Venous malformation of Thoracic chest wall
    By Cyndi113 in forum Diagnosis Coding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:19 AM
  5. excision sternal venous malformation
    By claning in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2011, 04:21 PM