icd10 code for std testing

Default icd10 code for std testing
    Medical Coding Books
    my doctor sends in specimens to be tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea. we send in the requisitions with an ICD10 code of Z113(encounter for screening for infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission). Quest has been sending letters stating: " Need Additional ICD10 -limited covered test". This in ONLY coming from tests covered by Molina Medicaid. Quest tells me they have nothing to do with it, it is from Molina. Molina doesn't seem to know what to tell me. Is there some other ICD10 code I should be using on these requisitions?

Default ICD10 Coding for STD Testing
    Hi,

My recommendation would be for you to call Molina and determine if they are following the Medicare National Coverage Determination that is listed below for the services that are being ordered.

National Coverage Determination-210.10 Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) and High- Intensity Behavioral Counseling (HIBC) to Prevent STIs

https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverag...AAAAAAA%3D%3D&

Here is a link to the ACOG Guidelines for Screening Services for 2018..(see page 15)

https://www.acog.org/-/media/Departm...2018_final.pdf

Hope that this helps...the laboratory will not get paid until the order is amended with the accepted diagnosis code. That code should only be amended to the chart and the order with the provider's approval in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by adudms View Post
    my doctor sends in specimens to be tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea. we send in the requisitions with an ICD10 code of Z113(encounter for screening for infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission). Quest has been sending letters stating: " Need Additional ICD10 -limited covered test". This in ONLY coming from tests covered by Molina Medicaid. Quest tells me they have nothing to do with it, it is from Molina. Molina doesn't seem to know what to tell me. Is there some other ICD10 code I should be using on these requisitions?
    Kara McVey, CPC, CPCO, CPMA
    ILEX Consulting LLC
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85266
    kara@ilexconsultingllc.com

(602) 373.3894 (c)

Default thanks
    Thanks!