Thinking of becoming a CRC - Suggestions on preparation

Lightbulb Thinking of becoming a CRC - Suggestions on preparation
    Medical Coding Books
    I have been pondering on the idea of taking the CRC exam for almost a year now. I was wondering if the study guide would be sufficient or if the course is absolutely necessary. A little background... I am a billing manager and have been a certified coder for over 10 years. I do not code on a day to day basis anymore but I have been working with many insurances on their HEDIS incentive programs. I would love to get back into ICD10 coding as it really was my passion when I became certified. I am asking for suggestions as I cannot purchase the entire course at this time but I can purchase the study guide. Also, are there any other resources I could use to prepare along with the study guide? I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Default CRC exam
    I will probably aim to take the CRC in 2019. I think it's a worthwhile credential to have although I don't code anymore.

I took and passed the CDEO certification this year on my first attempt using only the study guide and practice questions which I did over and over again. Along with the questions at the end of each chapter in the study guide, I found that to be sufficient preparation and I will do the same for the CRC should I decide to go for it.

The training courses are not cheap so if funds are a problem get the guide and the practice questions. It worked for me.

Thank you so much for your advice