AAPC - Back to school

Thread: lipoma excision

Default lipoma excision

AAPC: Back to School
    dr did an excision of lipoma stating incision was carried out to a depth of approx 2mm, the skin & subq tissues were then elevated through the use of sharp dissection & underlying lipomatous mass was noted, the lipoma was then dissected free from surrounding structures using sharp & blunt dissection, mass measured approx 2.6cm x 2cm x 1.5cm, path report came stating "cyst,right neck-lipoma"

would i use the integumentary codes or musculoskeletal codes??

thank you

I would use integument.

why would you use the integumentary codes & not musculoskeletal, it states subq layer was elevated which means he went underneath subq area , 21555 states "subq tissue" ?? thank you

For the neck lipoma's, I usually use CPT 21555 or 21556, depending on how deep they go.

ENT CT

Your are correct...it should be 21555...disregard my previous comment

Red face Alcohol ablation of tumor

Has anyone come across this type procedure? Dx =Vascular lipoma, fossa popliteal area on rt leg. Procedure =Alcohol ablation of tumor via venogram. I've captured the venogram but I think I need another code for the actual ablation.

Similar Threads

1. lipoma excision
    By herrera4 in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 08:20 AM
  2. excision of lipoma
    By jenmar in forum Outpatient Facilities
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM
  3. Excision of a lipoma
    By drhoads in forum General Surgery
    Replies: 4