well, I may not be understanding your question correctly but: I don't see an issue... I have several providers who basically dictate in "one paragraph". It's my job to score the visit out, counting the components of each element accordingly....
so, I don't see a problem with your provider dictating everything in one area. Not all providers follow a SOAP format, or other format, but the service is still billable, and still able to be coded if the contents support the elements and services provided...
not sure what you mean by interchangable - of course we can't "double dip" and count the same thing in several area's. but as far as being 'interchangable", just because the exam & POS components are dicatated in a paragraph under the HPI, doesn't mean they aren't the exam/ros components.
just my opinion.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join