Hello - 82270 should billed when done as a screening, 82272 should be billed when done as diagnostic. Typically, the diagnostic is done in the office when the patient presents with a symptom (ie: stomach pain). The screening is normally sent home for the patient to complete over a certain time period. We have never billed 82271 so I am not sure what would qualify as "other sources." Hope this helps...
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join