Hi, I'm new to posting so here goes: I need direction on how to code the excision of a labial cyst. Decription of procedure is: An incision was made with the scalpel in the outer labia and then the cyst wall was dissected out using a dilator in the cyst to make sure that we got to the end of the cyst wall. I am looking at excision of benign lesion 11420. The cyst was located in the labial minora & the only CPT code in the female genital system I can see to use would be 56501 due to "Coders Desk Reference for Procedures" decribing destruction by excision but confused by description because physician is excising not destroying. Can someone please direct me, any advice, help would be greatly appreciated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join