Fluoroscopic guidance with laser lithos?

Default Fluoroscopic guidance with laser lithos?
    Clearnace Sale
    Hi all...

I'm finding mixed information on the use of fluoroscopy during the laser lithos/ureterscopy/stent procedures. I'm finding that if the doctor straight out dictates that he used fluoroscopy during the case, we can bill a 76000-26 with the 52356. My colleague said she was told NOT to code the 76000 because it's bundled.

What's the school of thought on this?

Thanks!!

Fluoroscopic guidance is inclusive to cystoscopy procedures and shouldn't be reported separately. CPT code 76000 also carries the 'separate procedure' designation and per CPT instructions should not be coded to report services that are an integral part of another procedure.
    Thomas Field, CPC, CEMC

Ok. So they really ARE inclusive.... That makes sense.

In between my post and your answer, we tried to enter it and our claim scrubber blocked it.

Thank you!!

4. Default
    Thanks for the clarification because I was always puzzled too. I never code it because I thought it was included, but I see people code it all the time and could never understand why. At least I know I'm doing it correctly!

Similar Threads

1. Fluoroscopic guidance
    By shruthi in forum Neurology/Neurosurgery
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2015, 07:10 AM
  2. Fluoroscopic guidance documentation
    By pinnaclephyserv in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM
  3. Lumbar RFA with Fluoroscopic guidance
    By missyah20 in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 6