When the employer switches insurance plans, normally their is something built into the policy regarding this issue. We normally contact the insurance to verify the patients policy and if we are to file the global to them or perform a bill out with the previous insurance.
As for the bill out date on the antepartum we use the last date the patient was seen under the old insurance to bill those antepartum visits. As for the current insurance our offices normally use the last date the patient was seen before the delivery.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join