According to the ACR (bulletin, Feb 2001), the chest can be coded when doing a brachial plexus scan to identify apical lung cancers (found CSI Navigator). I have coded brachial plexus scans this way also, but most of the time, they tend to fall under upper extremity non-joint (73218) based on the reporting details. I've never personally coded one as a joint. Hope that helps a little.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join