Thread: Cemc exam

Default Cemc exam

Promo: Code Books
    Can anyone tell me what audit worksheet and preference book we can use for the exam?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LORI HARRIS View Post
    Can anyone tell me what audit worksheet and preference book we can use for the exam?

Thank you
    I was just asking the same question, I contacted AAPC and found that it is listed under the exam type you want to take what reference materials are NOT ALLOWED; they have several listed, so if it is not listed it is acceptable. I was questioning if a medical dictionary could be used for this exam and I got a reply yesterday from AAPC that a medical dictionary is allowed, so I will be taking my ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, e/m audit tools 95 & 97 DG's and my medical dictionary.

Almost forgot from what I can tell from purchasing the Practicum for CEMC they really stand by the Marshfield tool, it's a bit foreign to me because I have always used what my local carrier has on their website but I'm now trying to get myself familiar with the Marshfield, we also use the 95 DG's where I work but in some instances have used the 97 DG's.

Are you scheduled for the exam yet?

Best of luck
    Last edited by rthames052006; 04-19-2009 at 08:58 AM.
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Default I'm appalled

Roxanne,
    You are absolutely correct ... I called to check. But I'm appalled. Why even bother to test for medical terminology/anatomy if the applicants can bring a medical dictionary. (Shaking my head ...)

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC