If I understand you correctly.
DOS patient seen by unknown provider (signature illegible / handwriting not recognized)
DOS + 1 day - physician reviews and signs/dates above note.
You think another provider (PA?) performed the service on DOS. Is just the signature illegible, but you can read the rest of it?
I would bill it out under the name of the provider who saw the patient face-to-face. (Apparently NOT the physician.)
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join