The surgeon should be doing his own H&P.
IF the patient has some co-morbidity for which the surgeon is requesting a consult from your physician prior to surgery (e.g. diabetes or cardiac issues), then you would have a consultation (which still would not be the H&P).
-24 modifier would be correct but I don't know how to force Medicare to pay for this service.
I can't help but notice that these two visits are just 2 days apart (first visit w/ I&D was 4-15; she's back on 4-17). I can't help but wonder what the rush is?
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join