The breast reduction surgery carries a 90-day global period ... BUT
Our Plastic Surgery Department has an policy in place for all cosmetic procedures (i.e. known in advance not covered by insurance and paid in advance by patient) extending the "global" period to 1 year. Because the full results of many of these procedures are not known within 90 days, our surgeons feel this is a more accurate reflection of the true requirements for follow-up for these surgeries.
Again ... this policy applies ONLY to truly cosmetic surgeries, where there is no bill to or payment from insurance company, and the patient is responsible to pay in full in advance of surgery.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join