[QUOTE=mariav;52214]The practice that I am affiliated with is interested in purchasing a PFT machine and performing Pulmonary Function Testing in the office. Could my practice bill for the technical component and another pulmonologist (Not affiliated with our practice) bill for the professional component under his own tax idenfication number? If we are able to do this, would our practice have to register as an IDTF with Medicare-Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility? In addition, would this in any way violate stark laws and/or suggest kick backs?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join