I code for the facility (hospital)...the modifier -25 is generally appended when an edit has been generated between the E&M and a type "S" or "T" procedure on the same date of service.
CPT 73560 (Type X) would not generate an edit with the E&M therefore no modifier -25 would be necessary.
Type= Status Indicator
I am not sure that this is the same logic used on the physician side.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join