First question, did your physician repair bilateral internal nasal valves? I could not tell reading the operative report; based on what I read, I would suggest the following:
CPT 30465 Repair of nasal vestibular stenosis (nasal valve repair-this is a bilateral proc., if done unilaterally, use mod. 52, CCI edits-30520 & 30400)
CPT 20912 Cartilage Graft; nasal septum
CPT 30140 Submucus resection inferior turbinates
From what I read, it appears most of the work involved the septum and nasal valve(s); with regards to a "rhinoplasty" (30400), I do not feel that the one reference where the surgeon addressed the external deformity by resecting it with an 8mm osteotome supports a rhinoplasty code.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join