This is what we received from CPT:
What is the best code for a Scar Neuroma Injection?
Please be advised that your inquiry was forwarded to our CPT Advisor representing the American Academy of Pain Medicine for review. Based solely upon the information provided in your electronic inquiry, from a CPT coding perspective and per our CPT Advisor, ?It would be appropriate to report a nerve block injection code for the anatomic site involved or a destruction code if neurolysis is the goal. Most specifically, CPT codes 64450, Injection, anesthetic agent; other peripheral nerve or branch, or 64640, Destruction bby neurolytic agent; other peripheral nerve or branch, for this injection(s), since these codes respectively address the additional work of an injection of an anesthetic agent (nerve block), neurolytic or sclerosing agent into the peripheral nerves.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join