I have tried billing it both ways - to the husband's medicare with the V61.49 code and also to the wife's Medicare when the husband's claim was denied by out carrier. the second claim was also denied. We have established a
policy that if the spouse, or other family members want to consult about a patient, we charge them cash with no insurance filing, at whatever level the
doctor determines. We have never had a family member balk at doing this.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join