sorry guys, I'm drawing a blank on this and can't find one website that addresses the topic!
Can we charge/bill for an x-ray taken solely for comparison reasons?
(I know silly question)
Some say yes, but add a 52 modifier - I don't think the comparison justifies the use of the .52 mod.
others say flat out NO..can't do it.
others say yes.
all info, opinions, sources welcomed!!
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join