In reviewing our superbills to reflect the 2008 changes in ICD-9 and CPT codes questions have been raised in regards to nebulizer treatments and peak flows. We have been told that peak flows are part of the E/M visit. We have been applying CPT 94010 to this. As for patients who receive a nebulizer treatment during their appt, we have been attaching CPT code 94664 to the service. We have been told that this is incorrect. Would CPT code 94640 be more accurate?
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join