I have almost the same question. I always thought if the fill was performed during the 90 day global period that it was included and not seperately billable. I was doing some research and found this...
**The majority of bariatric surgical procedures have a 90-day post-op period**
Any E&M services unrelated to the initial procedure may be billed within the post-op period, if appended with modifier 24. (i.e. band adjustments, abscess)
Band adjustments are very common during the post-operative period, sometimes even within the first month following surgery. These visits should be billed with a 24 modifier.
99214-2425 Office visit during PONC period
10022 FNA w/guidance (for adjustment)
76942 Radiological guidance
A4209 Needle syringe
J7050 Saline solution
(common reason: dysphagia/difficulty swallowing)
I don't know how I feel about billing adjustments during the global period. We use S2083 for the adjustment of the bands.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join