Modifier 25 indicates that on the day of a procedure, a significant, separately identifiable E/M service was performed that was above and beyond the usual pre- and post-operative care associated with the procedure or service. X-rays and labs have an "XXX" global day designation which means the global period does not apply, so you should not need a modifier on the E/M if the only other service was an x-ray or lab.
The designations are in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule in the Global days column.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join