I dont know if I would use either.
Dysfuntion, is a abnormal or impaired organ or part.
The meibomian glands are a special kind of sebaceous glands at the rim of the eyelids.
I would check the notes since
373.00 Blepharitis is a inflammation of the hair follicles and glads along edge of eye lids, and
373.12 Meibomitis is inflammation of the meibomian glad.
If the notes say inflammation see if its the meibomian glands alone or with the hair follicles. However if you only find dysfuntion I would probably go with Anomaly of Sebaceous glands 757.9
Just my thoughts hope it helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join