So, the Dr. did the delivery in the office? CPT says 59412 should be coded in addition to the delivery code.
Here's what CPT assistant says
Services provided during delivery and reported separately include the following.
Fetal scalp blood sampling (code 59030).
External cephalic version (code 59412) which is reported in addition to the appropriate code for the delivery service.
Administration of regional anesthesia (eg, epidural).
All you mention is 59412.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join