I think you're going to need the assistance of the Rep assigned to your region of the HMO or perhaps your doctor can petition for payment to the Medical Director of the HMO. Without having obtained prior Auth for the Asst Surgeon, you're really at the mercy of the HMO. Also, in future cases, I would make sure that prior auth was obtained for both the Primary & Asst Surgeons - despite what other payors allow for.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join