Billing for IEP meeting?

Default Billing for IEP meeting?
    Medical Coding Books
    My psychologist is attending a meeting for IEP which is individulized educational plan. She will meet with parents, teachers, school counselor. This will take place at the school.

I am leaning towards a 90846? Any better suggestions or reasons why i shouldn't bill 90846?

What transpires during this meeting?

90846 would be appropriate only if your psychologist were offering psychotherapy to the teachers, family members, etc.

It sounds like another service might be performed, but I highly doubt she's providing counselling and therapy to these other folks. I'd be happy to help, just please share the sort of activities she engages in during these sessions.

Thanks.

Thats why I am not sure b/c she is not doing therapy on these people. From what I understand, the dr, patients parents, teachers, school counselors come together to discuss patients problems. Not exactly sure what exactly they discuss, but if I had to guess I would think shes talking to them about their dx and maybe how to handle that child...

Sounds like case management to me. Would that be a possibility?

I was told by our compliance dept. that our psychologist could bill for these services. I thought we should be able to bill something however the patient had Medi-cal which does not cover very much.I'm intrested to see others thoughts and input.

Quote Originally Posted by kevbshields View Post
    Sounds like case management to me. Would that be a possibility?
    I am not familiar with case management. Please give me details..