The anesthesia provider does not need to necessarily be administering anesthetic drugs to qualify for MAC. The provider MUST satisfy all documentation requirements of performing any anesthesia service including completion of preanesthesia evalution, intra-operative monitoring and personal participation in the anesthesia plan and case. Another defining factor is the performing provider is rendering services within the scope of practice/state licensure and is available to administer anesthesia and other medical care as appropriate.
The ASA Relative Values Guide contains an in depth definition of MAC.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join