Cpt description of 90767 is "... up to 1 hour", which would mean that you cannot bill more than one unit of this code. The cpt book actually says "report 90767 only once per sequential infusion of same infusate mix". Are you infusing different mixes of infusate?
Have you taken a look at cpt code 90766? The cpt book says that to report this code for "infusion intervals of greater than 30 minutes beyond 1 hour increments".
I would think that you would use a combination of both these codes to bill for the total infusion time.
Hope this helps & good luck!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join